The Little Book of Mindfulness
How to Go From Stressed and Distracted to Happy and Alive
By Matt Valentine
"Mindfulness is in opposition to the way we usually live our lives. That is, halfway in our heads, bouncing around in an endless stream of thoughts, and halfway in the present moment, only partially awake to what we’re doing. This state of semi-consciousness, or mind dispersion, is a state where we’re unable to attain complete rest and our minds are perpetually clouded."
- Page 27, The Little Book of Mindfulness
Mindfulness has been practiced for some 2,500 years by the Buddha and his long lineage of disciples, and it's the key to a nourishing and healing daily practice which leads to true peace and happiness.
It isn't about religion, philosophy, opinions, or beliefs of any kind. It’s about what is. It’s about discovering your true nature. By living deeply in this moment you can touch the ground of your being and experience true peace and happiness.
The Little Book of Mindfulness is a convenient resource which breaks down mindfulness in a way that makes it crystal clear to understand, easy to learn, and straightforward to apply.
In The Little Book of Mindfulness, you'll learn:
- The origins of mindfulness- Learn where mindfulness came from and how it's traveled from ancient India to the offices of Twitter and other Silicon Valley giants, major hospitals and medical centers, and classrooms around the United States.
- What mindfulness is- Learn in simple English how mindfulness works, what it is, what it isn't, and ways to help you make sure you're practicing correctly.
- The benefits of practicing mindfulness- Two complete chapters detailing the compelling reasons you need to start practicing mindfulness.
- How to practice mindfulness- Detailed yet simple and clear instruction on how to actually practice mindfulness in a variety of ways.
- How to develop mindfulness- How to bring mindfulness into your everyday life as a daily practice and habit which nourishes your mind and body and helps you cultivate true peace and happiness.
- 11 Tips and Tricks for Beginning with Mindfulness
- The 9 Most Frequently Asked Questions on Mindfulness and Meditation
The Little Book of Mindfulness is a valuable resource for anyone looking to transform their lives.
Praise for The Little Book of Mindfulness
"I would like to express my gratitude to you for the lovely and meaningful book you wrote on mindfulness and for divulging it for free. I started reading it last night and I'm already hooked on it..."
- Stefania Antonucci
"Matt Valentine's book is both practical and very tailored to the task of inspiring and guiding a novice through learning & becoming adept at mindfulness. Unlike anything else I have read on mindfulness and meditation this book is a seamless, integrated and coherent presentation and oozes true understanding.
While more fragmented and piecemeal presentations in excellent books on the subject certainly can offer a lot of good information, they are quite different to this book though it covers the same information. The author's approach is like that of a gentle and humble mother or therapist who expertly & lovingly bit by bit leads on successfully the one who needs to learn. This book seems simple, but it can lead a novice to great heights if he or she follows Matt Valentine's detailed advice. Putting something simply does not make it "simple" - it makes it distilled wisdom."
- Rosie2U (Amazon Reviewer)