This week's episode is all about nightly rituals and establishing a nourishing and restful nightly routine. Your time for rest is a special time and space which should be treated with respect- and I show you how to do that. In this week's episode I cover what I believe to be a complete and highly effective 5-step nightly routine that:
- Helps you in becoming, and staying, an early riser
- Improves the quality of your sleep, and...
- Supports and enhances your mindfulness practice
I also cover a few key tips for improving the quality of your sleep and guide you through an entire mindfulness of body meditation exercise.
Let me know what you think!
Right click the "Download Audio" button above and click "Save Link As..." to download the episode.
- Step 1 & 4 are mentioned at length in my book, Zen for Everyday Life (Chapter: Arriving), along with an available guided meditation on the practice for certain editions of the book.
- Tea meditation guide: How to Find Peace and De-Stress with a Simple Tea Meditation
- Go to sleep as if you were never to wake up (Step 4) & Soyen Shaku's rules - 10 Rules to Live By From a Zen Master.
- Written instructions for the mindfulness of body exercise we covered in the podcast can be found here (under Physical Healing): The Mindfulness Survival Guide.
- This nightly routine pairs amazingly with a nourishing and consistent morning routine. For ideas on how to create a morning routine start with these articles: 7 Morning Rituals That Will Change Your Life and The Zen of Waking Up.
Thank you for listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback or a comment you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
If you liked this podcast episode, make sure to subscribe to the podcast to get future episode notifications straight from iTunes. Also, as mentioned, any honest reviews and ratings would be deeply appreciated! They do matter in the rankings and exposure of the podcast, and I'll be reading each and every one of them.
If you have questions, feel free to contact me here and let me know. From time to time I'll be answering reader questions on the podcast, so I'd love to hear from you.
Thank you again!
ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE?
If so, join over 10,000 people who receive weekly insights, inspiration, and wisdom for a more mindful life, plus get a free copy of my 130-page eBook, The Little Book of Mindfulness. Simply click the yellow button below and enter your name & email: